BMW release the 2015 S1000RR
Exciting upgrades to the BMW S1000RR for 2015 include weight reduction, an increase in power and all sorts of other performance related upgrades juxtaposed with making the machine more rider friendly. Here's a look at the refreshed German powerhouse that looks set to take the 2015 racing calendar by storm.
- 6 more horsepower (claimed peak 199 horses)
- Torque boosted above 5000rpm
- Exhaust 3kg lighter
- Full electronic throttle control
All in search of better feel at the front end and more precise handling.
- 4kg lighter (204kg wet) even with race ABS added
- Frame rigidity adjusted
- Steering head angle changed
- Wheelbase changed
- Swingarm pivot point moved
- Greater ground clearance for suspension
- Dynamic damping control system overhauled
- 5 Riding modes including the new 'user' mode which can be fully programmed
- Pit lane speed limiter (Has an 'on road' setting to help stay under speed limits)
- Launch control
- Cruise control
- New dash for ease of use featuring added extras like lean angle display
- Headlights remain the same only switched to distinguish new from old.
- Tighter more streamlined lines
- Features such as tail shrunk
- Available in black, red, red/white/blue
So the new 2015 BMW S1000RR isn't a new RR at all, it's almost a whole new bike! If it lives up to the hype this could certainly be one of the leaders in the sportsbike markets next year...saying that, there is a new R1 coming.
28.10.2014 - MCE Insurance