Provisional 2016 MotoGP calendar announced!
Moto GP has announced a provisional version of the 2016 calendar that confirms a new round will be held in Austria at the brand new Red Bull ring. This change will be at the expense of Indianapolis that has been dropped from the race calendar.
Indianapolis have been at the centre of rumours for a number of years about their possible exit from the championship, not helped by the dwindling numbers at the second American event.
The British Grand Prix at Silverstone has been significantly brought forward to mid-June, which could mean the MCE British Superbikes round at Cadwell can take place on the August bank-holiday once more, a big date on the calendar for many MCE BSB fans.
Here is the full list of dates on the provisional 2016 calendar:
1. 20th March - Qatar - Losail International Circuit
2. 3rd April - Argentina - Termas de Rio Hondo
3. 10th April - America - Circuit of the Americas
4. 20th April - Spain - Jerez de la Frontera
5. 8th May - France - Le Mans
6. 22nd May - Italy - Mugello
7. 5th June - Catalunya - Circuit de Barcelona
8. 26th June - Netherlands - TT Assen
9. 10th July - Germany - Sachsenring
10. 17th July - Great Britain - Silverstone
11. 14th August - Austria - Red Bull Ring
12. 21st August - Czech Republic - Brno
13. 11th September - San Marino - Misano
14. 25th September - Aragon - Motorland Aragon
15. 9th October - Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit
16. 16th October - Japan - Twin Ring Motegi
17. 23rd October - Australia - Phillip Island
18. 6th November - Valencia - Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
11.09.2015 - MCE Insurance