Guide to MCE British Superbike Spectating...
With superbikes speeding around the track up to 200mph there really isn't another atmosphere like it for bike enthusiasts in Great Britain! Famous for its spectacularly close and thrilling racing the closely managed rules and regulations of the MCE BSB create an evenly matched make up of riders and bikes on the grid.
In 2011 Tommy Hill became the champion of the MCE BSB but only by 0.006 seconds in front of John Hopkins aka 'Hopper' (The American MotoGP star).
Accordingly the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship has a huge following and if superbike racing is something you'd like to start watching then here is a guide on MCE BSB spectating:
- 3 days event:
- DAY 1 - PRACTICE
- DAY 2 - QUALIFYING
- DAY 3 -2 x RACES
- 2 times per year the weekend holds 3 races, one on qualifying day and 2 on race day which is known as a 'Triple Header'
- Other support races make for a busy timetable jam packed with other racing classes including the British Supersport Championship, British 125 GP, Metzeler National Superstock 1000 and Metzeler National Superstock 600. Single manufacturer championships are also present this year featuring Ducati and Triumph.
- Ticket prices are cheapest online before the event with an average adult weekend admission ticket costing £32 and kids under 13 go FREE!
- The points system that the MCE BSB is regulated by is designed to minimise the chances of an individual rider securing the championship title prior to the final at Round 12.
- Main Season (Rounds 1-9) Standard format of 25 points for a win, then 20, 16, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 are awarded for each of the races from the opening nine events. Riders then drop their worst two scores.
- The Showdown (Round 10 - 12) From this point on, the top six riders in the championship standings (only) become the 'Title Fighters' for the final three events. Each Title Fighter begins The Showdown with 500 points, plus additional points for each podium position they obtained in the Main Season: 3 for a win, 2 for a second, and 1 for a third.
- Saving the best for last... Club MCE gains you access to a whole list of amazing experiences during the race weekend including:
- such as safety car laps in the Nissan GTR
- pillion laps with leading MCE BSB riders
- the chance to spend the day with Eurosport
- become official pit crew
- FREE helmet and leather parking
- priority pit walk
- and much much more...!
The standard points scoring format from the Main Season then continues for The Showdown, with all points scores from the final seven races counting.
Club MCE is exclusive to MCE insurance policy holders so all you need to do is get your bike insurance with us to take advantage of these amazing VIP experiences.
07.08.12 - Big Ed