The top 10 strange Insurance claims
People will claim on their insurance for just about anything given the chance. A recent list has been released highlighting some pretty odd claims that have been made, here's the top ten.
- A 71-year-old woman from Bath locked a badger in her shed which then managed to make a hole in the wall to escape.
- After seeing a dog on the TV screen, a dog in Galashiels decided to jump into the screen after it.
- A small child spilt a glass of coke on his grandad's laptop. Drying it with a hairdryer melted the keys, causing £239 worth of damage.
- A snail ate £78 worth of carpet in the home of a 73-year-old man from Preston.
- Wind blew a 62-year-old's glasses off his face, which were then immediately run over by a car, resulting in £469 worth of damage.
- A trapped squirrel in the garage of an 86-year-old woman from Exeter managed to crack a window and escape.
- A deer fell into the swimming pool of a 74-year-old man from Guildford, damaging the cover.
- A pigeon fell down a chimney and flew into a house, damaging the carpet, ornaments and sofa, leading to more than £8,000 worth of damage.
- A seven-month-old puppy in Cardiff stole a one litre bottle of oil from the kitchen, dragged it to the living room and chewed it on the sofa, causing £953 worth of damage.
Quotes taken from The Telegraph.
24.04.2014 - MCE Insurance