Provisional 2016 World Superbike Calendar announced
After months of speculation the 2016 World Superbike provisional calendar has been announced and as expected a few changes have been made.
The British round at Donington Park will still take place at the end of May on the 28-29th. Monza and the Lausitzring have been added to the list and feature on the fourteen round calendar.
Portimao has been removed from the calendar after poor attendance figures, and the rumoured return to Moscow looks like it will not be happening in 2016.
The 2016 Motul FIM Superbike World Championship calendar is as follows:
1. Australia - Phillip Island GP Circuit - 27-28 February
2. Thailand - Chang International Circuit - 12-13 March
3. Spain - MotorLand Aragon - 2-3 April
4. The Netherlands - TT Circuit Assen - 16-17 April
5. Italy - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola - 30 April - 1 May
6. Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit - 14-15 May
7. UK - Donington Park - 28-29 May
8. Italy - Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli - 18-19 June
9. USA - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 9-10 July ***
10. Italy - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza - 23-24 July *
11. Germany - Lausitzring - 17-18 September
12. France - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours - 1-2 October
13. Spain - Circuito de Jerez - 15-16 October **
14. Qatar - Losail International Circuit - 29-30 October
* Subject to homologation
** Subject to contract
*** WorldSBK only
19.11.2015 - MCE Insurance