If Carlsberg did 'motorbike insurance'
Taken from Chain Link.
You may wish to get MCE to quote before you risk your hard earned cash on your next motorbike insurance renewal. I've been a delighted client of theirs for a couple of years and below, you may be able to relate to the reasons why.
Some of these things were recently discovered whilst chatting with the Chairman Michael Edwards (hence MCE) at Donington Park for the MCE British Superbikes. (And no! - I'm not on commission - I just want to spread the word to thank them and to help you).
Hitherto I'd been with Aviva (formerly Norwich Union) for too many years to count - but despite the attraction of their 'Rider Policy' - they continually grew complacent, indifferent and steadily more expensive. Then Carole Nash proved to be a breath of fresh air and a far better proposition - offering better VFM and a great range of policy features. But - they too grew complacent and struggled to administer properly or re-quote competitively. Sadly - all these big companies seem to have no concept of two way loyalty - so they're gradually seduced by a mad false economy of forcing their better clients out by steadily inflating renewal prices (then they presumably have to do expensive marketing to get new bods - doesn't make sense to me - does it to you?). So after Carole choked this Golden Goose - I moved on - and proved yet again that you must re-broke your cover to stay solvent.
So what's so special, and better, about MCE? (Or 10 steps to bike insurance heaven)
- Firstly they're a fiercely independent family business, who has stated publicly they've no wish to sell so they are not an impersonal 'corporate' that treats clients as numbers.
- They are profitable and secure
- The owners and many staff ride bikes, and are passionate about their specialist area of bike only insurance
- Because they are independent - they can make their own underwriting decisions, about you and your needs - quickly and fairly
- No need to declare any mods to your bike
- 15 months cover for the price of 12
- Deal with their 300+ friendly and professional staff based in Rushden, Northants - not voicemail from hell or a third world call centre
- In the event of a claim they'll strive to be; quick, sympathetic and fair - plus they run their own fleet of courtesy bikes to keep you mobile
- Thoroughly comprehensive policy - which amongst other things gives you 60 days Euro Cover, Bike Recovery (by the RAC across Europe), Legal Expenses, etc
- And last but not least - when was the last time your bike or motor insurer treated you like a person and made your feel like a VIP at every touch point? - if you're very, very lucky - you may get the chance to chat with the Board at one of the MCE BSB meetings.
For me it's a no-brainer recommendation - try for yourself and experience 10/10 service - You can check them out on 0871 222 7920 and mceinsurance.com.
Hope this helps - Good luck and ride safe.
24.12.13 - Gregory Haddock