Bike Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Scooter Insurance, Moped Insurance & Quad Insurance Bike Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Scooter Insurance, Moped Insurance & Quad Insurance

UK Based Insurance Centre

to speak to a real person call

0844 338 68 88

Home > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to wait for my documents?
Documentation sent by post can take up to 7 days and emails should be within 24 hours.
How do I sign up for Club MCE?
To sign up to Club MCE please join Big Ed's Facebook - there is a sign up app on this page
How do I contact claims / MCE Breakdown?
To contact claims assist please dial 0871 222 79 10 or to contact RAC to report a breakdown please call 0871 222 79 14
Where do I send my no claims bonus proof and driving licence?
Please forward all documentation to MCE, Crown Way, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6BS
Where do I find my Uninsured Loss Recovery details / MCE Breakdown documents / Policy book?
All cover details can be located within the PDF's attached to your emailed documentation. Alternatively if your details have been posted please find included a list of web links for access to your details.
How do I know if I have riding of other bikes?
Please check your terms of use listed on the certificate of insurance and also the list of endorsements applicable. These can be located on your policy schedule.
How long do I have to wait for a refund?
Refunds can take up to 90 days. Once the refund is approved a credit note will be issued to you.
How do I find out about cover for the EU?
Details can be found within your policy booklet. If you are travelling within the EU please contact our customer action team at least 7 days prior to your travel for us to note your policy accordingly.
Can I get immediate cover?
Yes, providing you have a credit or debit card we can issue you with immediate cover, subject to normal terms and conditions. Please note that if you choose to pay by Direct Debit we will require a deposit from you, payable by credit or debit card and you will need an account that supports the Direct Debit facility.
Will my NCB be affected?
If you and your motorcycle are involved in an incident that is not your fault, your NCD will be affected only until the time that your insurer is successful in recovering your vehicle's repair costs from the third party. If successful, your NCD is no longer affected. If you have a protected NCD, it will not be affected by the first two claims in any three-year period of cover.
How do I cancel my policy?
To discuss the cancellation of your insurance policy, please call our Customer Service Team.

Contact details and opening hours for our Customer Service Team can be found here.

MCE Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), under firm reference number 307832. You can check this on the Financial Conduct Authority Register by visiting their website on Registered in England No.1232753
Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.

MCE Insurance Title Sponsor of British Superbikes
Personal Lines Broker of the Year
UK Broker Award 2009
Gold - Insurancetimes Awards 2009