MCE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Call us on 01933 351361 and ask for Customer Service
Here at MCE Insurance we are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience at every opportunity, though we do understand matters may occasionally not work out as expected. Once we are aware of customer concerns or unease we give priority to resolving the matter as quickly as possible. To assist with this process we have procedures to ensure that complaints are handled fairly and within reasonable timescales. These procedures are as follows;
If you wish to make a complaint about our service we have a formal complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request.
Initial receipt of a complaint
When first received a manager will initially review it, they will then allocate the complaint to an appropriately qualified complaints handler to fully investigate the matter.
We categorise complaints as either informal or formal.
If, during the initial review, we believe we can complete our investigation within 3 days, your complaint will be classified as an informal complaint. We will contact you by the method we believe to be the most appropriate to inform you of the outcome of our investigation.
If we are not able to complete our investigation within 3 days, your complaint will be classified as a formal complaint. The following steps will then be taken:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- You will be given the name and contact details of the person dealing with your case.
- The acknowledgement may, especially in the case of a verbal complaint, set out the nature of the complaint.
- If further information is needed from you, we will contact you by the method we believe to be the most appropriate.
- We will aim to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible.
- As part of our investigation, we may need to review our own internal files and/or obtain information from other parties, so please bear with us.
- If, after 4 weeks, we have been unable to complete our investigation, we will contact you to explain why, and to give you an indication as to when the matter will be resolved.
- In the unlikely event that we have been unable to complete our investigation after 8 weeks, we will contact you to explain why, give you an indication as to when the matter will be resolved, and inform you of your rights to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, if you are unhappy with the way we are handling your complaint.
- When we have concluded our investigations, we will contact you to inform you of the outcome of our investigation. We will also inform you that if you remain dissatisfied, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this communication. We will also provide you with a link to the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet ‘your complaint and the Ombudsman’ which explains their service in more detail.
In the event that we receive a complaint that is not about us, or our services, and assuming that we can identify the firm to whom the complaint should be addressed, we will carry out the following action:
- We will write to the firm concerned, explaining that we believe the complaint to be theirs, and suggesting that they contact you directly.
- We will enclose a copy of your complaint letter.
- We will write to you giving contact details of the firm, and invite you to contact them directly. We will also enclose a copy of the letter we send to the firm.
- We will copy the new firm in on this letter as well.
When communicating with you or any other party in relation to a complaint, we will endeavour to use e-mail, where possible. We believe this form of communication assists in resolving matters quicker.
Feedback on the complaints procedure
We always welcome feedback from our customers. If you would like to contact us in relation to our complaints procedure, please do so as follows:
- Call us on 01933 351361 and ask for the Compliance Team Manager
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Customer Service, MCE Insurance, Crown Way, Rushden, NN10 6BS.