Vulnerability Policy For Customers
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the operations of MCE do not have any negative impact upon Vulnerable Customers.
For the purposes of this policy Vulnerable Customers are customers and prospective customers whose ability or circumstances require us to take extra precautions in the way that we sell and provide our services to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way.
Identifying a Vulnerable Customer
Our people are trained to identify Vulnerable Customers so we can take steps to assist outside of our standard procedures. However, it is not always possible to highlight these characteristics.
Therefore, if you believe you may fit the criteria for a Vulnerable Customer, please read this policy and notify us immediately of your particular needs.
We recognise that certain groups of Customers may be vulnerable. Whilst not all Customers in these groups may be vulnerable, we will consider a Customer’s individual circumstances where a potential vulnerability is identified. These groups may include, but are not restricted to:
- Customers with communication difficulties (including learning difficulties and English not being their first language, illiteracy, dyslexia)
- Long term illness (including dementia, disability, mental disorder, cancer)
- Sudden diagnosis of serious illness
- Severe financial difficulties
- Old Age
Our Key Principles When Engaging With A Vulnerable Customer
As soon we think we may be engaging with a Vulnerable Customer, whether this is through our identification or you are approaching us, we will:
- Immediately make a record of this and ensure we adhere to this policy.
- Provide additional opportunities for you to ask questions about the information we have provided.
- Continuously seek confirmation that you have understood the information that has been provided.
- Ask if there is anybody with you who is able to assist. If not, and we believe this will be beneficial, we will make arrangements to continue with the subject matter at another time.
- Offer you the opportunity to complete the transaction after a period of further consideration.
To Obtain Further Information Or To Register As A Vulnerable Customer
E mail - email@example.com
Phone - 01933 351361
In Writing - Customer Service, MCE Insurance, Sapphire House, Crown Way, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6FB